Thursday, March 6, 2008

Amrita Rao in Shaurya

Amrita rao is not a stranger to Bollywood anymore. So far she has only two successful movies to her credit, Ishq Vishk and Vivah and in both the movies she appeared with Shahid Kapoor. Amrita made a special appearance in Shaurya. India FM reports:

"Amrita Rao is indeed in my film. Just how it happened is an interesting story. I didn't intend to cast her. But she's a dear friend, and wanted to be part of my film. So, I cast her in a very special role. I guess I'm blessed to have so many friends in the industry," says the journalist-turned-director.

Samar is all praise for Amrita's professionalism. "We were supposed to shoot only for a day. But that stretched into two days. Amrita gave the time without any complaint. Then she wasn't happy with her dubbing. So, she did the dubbing again. I love how focused she was even in her cameo. And not just Amrita. I had a dream cast in Shaurya; Rahul Bose, Kay Kay Menon, Deepak Dobriyal and Minissha Lamba…they all went out of their way to make sure Shaurya turns out to be a special film."

This is Amrita Rao’s second movie this year. Her first movie, My Name is Anthony Gonsalves did not do very well.

According to Amrita Rao, Shaurya is not something very serious. It all boils down to our ordinary day to day lives. Every day we take hundreds of decisions on our own Shaurya is the quality to take the right decision. Should I turn my face around when a person is lying on the street ran over by a car? Should I lie to my boss? Should I say something to people and do the opposite?

Shaurya also means “combating fear.” We all have fears; fear of failure, fear of struggle, fear of staying alone in a room. The conquest of these fears are also the sign of Shaurya.

Related articles:

Shaurya Blog

India FM

0 comments: